The are many kinds of love and one of most important is to love yourself. It’s sad, but one of the greatest struggles in life many people have is the struggle to accept, embrace and love ourselves, with all of our flaws. To be 100% straight about who we are, how we feel and what we need. To stop disgracing ourselves for everything we aren’t and start giving ourselves approval for everything we are. And to be aware that not everyone will agree with us every step of the way, and to feel good with it.
Why is it so important to love yourself?
This may seem more important to some than others, but self-love is one of the best things you can do for yourself. Being in love with yourself gives you self-confidence, self-worth and it will help you feel more optimistic. Love is a deep appreciation. When I talk about loving ourselves, I mean having a deep appreciation for who we are. We accept all the different parts of ourselves—our little peculiarities, the embarrassments, the things we may not do so well, and all the wonderful qualities, too. You may also discover that it is so much easier to fall in love once you have learned to love yourself first. You know you deserve love.
Learn to love yourself
If you can learn to love yourself, you will be much happier and will learn how to be the best version of yourself. When you are truly in love with yourself and happy, you will stop comparing yourself to others and should find yourself more confident, not worrying as much about what others think.
So, if you struggle with self-love today, I have listed here some helpful tips on your way to the lovely life you deserve.
- Remind yourself what you love about yourself. It’s important to know how amazing a person you are. You have to look in the mirror and be kind. Often what we see in the mirror is what we see in the world. Our disappointment in others often reflects our disappointment in ourselves. You’ve got to show yourself some love and respect first. It helps to make a list and write it down. It helps you if you keep a list to review overview.
“You’ve got to show yourself some love and respect first.”
- Enjoy your own company. Have fun by yourself to feel more confident. You could go to the cinema, or on a date with yourself or finding find new things to try. You could take a seat on the bench in a park alone and enjoy the sun or try dancing alone.
- Reflect and forgive yourself your faults. If you can look back at some poor choices you may have made, and forgive yourself, you can start to move on and forget about the past. Loving yourself despite any mistakes you made in the past is a wonderful tip on your way on self-love.
“When I’m feeling down, I go within myself and acknowledge what’s in my life that I am grateful for. ”
- Surround yourself with great people that inspire you. Positive energy is contagious, so as you’re building a network it’s always important to have a community you value around you regularly.
- Make a list of things you are grateful for. You always hear that to love someone else you must first learn to love yourself. But, in order to really love yourself, sometimes you have to recognize all the love you have around you. When I’m feeling down, I go within myself and acknowledge what’s in my life that I am grateful for. Once you see it on paper and accept all of the positivity in your life, it will make it that much easier to love yourself.Know that your body is a home for your spirit.
“Feeding your body nutrient-rich foods will make you feel good about yourself.”
- Treating your body like a home not only boosts your self-love, but also your energy. Be intentional about what you put into your body, not only because you want to look good but because you want to feel good. Feeding your body nutrient-rich foods will make you feel good about yourself.
- Clean out your home.This may be more therapeutic than you think. Cleaning and staying in organized, will positively affect your mind and help you feel more powerful. Get rid of old things and make space for new, better things to come into your life! Don’t chase what’s already happened; love yourself enough to know the best is yet to come. Throw away things that you feel have bad energy and block you on your way to a happy life.
“The next time you want to compare yourself with anybody, even in real life, remember everybody has their own baggage to carry.”
- Do not compare yourself to others.We’ve all done it. Browsed through Instagram only to see this rich, beautiful girl and said, “I would like to be like her!? The next time you want to compare yourself with anybody, even in real life, remember everybody has their own baggage to carry. Remember that you are perfect just the way you are! Being in a pattern of comparing and despair only makes you focus on the negative, when there’s SO much to be grateful for.
- Do something you’re good at. Self-esteem and self-love often go hand in hand and participating in a hobby you’re good at will not only boost your endorphins but will bring out the best version of you. If you love to paint, then paint! If you love to dance, then dance as if nobody watching or even better, as if everybody is watching! You will love it!!
“Create or find a place that makes it simple to just be.”
- Find your happy place. Create or find a place that makes it simple to just be. That means being able to sit quietly and embrace the here and now. Not thinking about what’s due at work or what bills need to be paid. You owe this happy place to yourself. Self-love is all about connecting with yourself, and one of the easiest places to do that is your happy place. Have you tried meditation?
Don’t forget to tell yourself positive things daily! You must love yourself internally to glow externally.LOVE YOURSELF EVERYDAY