Think you’ve tried it all? Think again! These weird and unusual food combinations will surprise you!
Expect the unexpected on your dates, even if this is your chocolate cake! You may think that sweet potato and chocolate sounds weird but, trust me, this Aphrodite-approved recipe will have some of your sweetheart’s cravings covered…
Some of you already know of similar cakes or similar weird food combinations like beetroot and chocolate, strawberries and pizza… These combinations really shouldn’t work but, they really do! I am going to show you in my next posts some crazy but sexy recipes!
Just take the risk and start pairing some of these ingredients together – you never know, you might find a new favourite dish or dessert!
We start today with this unexpected delicious recipe:
Sweet Potato Sexy Cake
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1/3 a cup coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar or maple syrup
- 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds
- 1/2 a cup of whole wheat flour or coconut flour
- 1 cup Medjool date
- 6 tablespoons of raw cocoa or more if you like it darkera
- pinch of salt
Optional: Raspberries or other fruits to decorate (or to seduce your partner!)
- Cook sweet potatoes until they become soft. Peel off the skin and cut them into chunks. After pre-heating the oven to 180 C, put the dates into hot water so they become soft as well. Put them all into a food processor or a good blender. Blend until smooth. When they are really smooth, add almonds, agave nectar, cocoa and flour. Mix well. Place on a baking pan with wax paper. Bake for about 40 minutes. Leave it until it sticks together and prepare for your date tonight.
Chocolate kisses are the best!